How Do I Enroll My Child in Gersh Academy?
- Call to Schedule a Tour – During the first phone call, a Gersh Academy Coordinator will ask a series of questions in order to assess your child’s needs. A tour will then be scheduled for you to view our facility and program. All requested paperwork should be sent to Gersh Academy prior to the tour, in order for us to evaluate how your child can best be served.
- Fill Out The Paperwork – A Gersh Academy Enrollment form will be sent to your, or you may download it from our website. In addition, you will be sent a Gersh Academy brochure, which will provide more information about our program. Please complete the enclosed application and send it to the mailing address listed on the enrollment form as soon as possible.
- Learn about Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) – Federal Law, IDEA, states that a free appropriate public education (FAPE) must be available to any individual child who needs special education and related services, and may require public school systems to pay for private placements, like Gersh Academy, when their own programs or classrooms are not deemed appropriate. We encourage you to research and read about FAPE.
- Experience Gersh Academy with your child – The student visit is a vital step in the enrollment process because it allows your child to spend quality time with staff and other students in the classroom. He/she can witness first-hand the supportive environment at Gersh Academy.
- Ask Questions – While touring the Gersh Academy facility, you will have the chance to speak with our staff about the school day and how we can accommodate your child. Feel free to call with any questions at any time.
- Make the Right Decision – Within approximately a week of your tour and student visit, a decision should be made whether Gersh Academy is appropriate for your child. You will be notified by one of our staff members.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Gersh Academy and funding is determined, an enrollment packet will be sent to you. All enrolment paperwork must be completed and returned to our Admissions Coordinator. A start date will be determined and you and your child can prepare for their first day of school at Gersh Academy.
To download the Admissions Application please Click Here